font size


TrANSPORT Accident Commission (TAC): what is it?

The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) is a Victorian Government-owned organisation responsible for road safety throughout the state, including supporting people who have been injured on the roads. TAC covers transport accidents involving cars, motorcycles, busses, trains and trams as well as pedestrians, passengers and in some cases, cyclists. TAC will cover medical and rehabilitation services, regardless of who caused the accident.

I’ve been involved in an accident, what next?

If you have been unfortunate enough to be injured from a transport accident, you need to make a claim.

How do I make a claim?

You can do this yourself by calling TAC or by coming into our clinic and talking to our Case Manager who can help you lodge the claim. TAC claims can only be made between 8:30am and 5:30pm on weekdays. Once your claim is accepted you will receive a claim number. Once you have your TAC claim number you can book in for our services, no referrals needed.

Who do I call?

Call the TAC claim line on 1300 654 329. They are open Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:30pm.

physiotherapy consultation

What details do I need to give when making a claim?

You will need:
  • Your name, number, address
  • Accident details – the location, circumstances and area/s of injury
  • Details of the vehicles involved, including registration numbers and names of occupants
  • Details of any persons who witnessed the accident
  • Names of police who attended the accident and the name of their station
  • If police did not attend the scene of the accident, please provide:
  •         The date the accident was reported to the Police
            The police officer’s name
            The police station
  • For public transport accidents, please provide:
  •         Name of the public transport operator
            Name of the person at the public transport operator that the accident was reported to
            Name of the public transport driver
            Accident details including vehicle number, location, route of  travel, date and time of travel
  • Employment/income
  • Your bank details

How do I know my claim has been lodged?

You will receive a letter in the post with a claim number and some information about the TAC.

How much will I need to pay?

Northing. Once you have a TAC Claim number, we will invoice TAC directly for the full cost of treatment.

Do I need a referral?

You do not need a referral to see any of our practitioners. You do need a claim number if you are intending to claim the service under the TAC. Once you have a TAC claim number, contact our Community Engagment team at hello@soaringhealth.com.au or call 9013-5987 to make a booking.

family physiotherapy

Do I need to see a chiropractor or a physiotherapist?

The Soaring Health Case Manager can help you make this decision. Often the quickest recovery happens when you see both professionals.


I have other questions, who do I contact?

Contact our community engagement team at hello@soaringhealth.com.au or by calling 9013-5987.



Chiropractic services

Chiropractors are experts at treating spinal and neural injuries and helping correct any misalignments or postural changes in the spine. A thorough assessment will be completed to determine if a referral for an x-ray or scan is required.



Physiotherapists are experts at treating musculoskeletal injuries and tailoring a personal rehabilitation program to help you return to your daily life. We have access to a hydrotherapy pool and a fully-equipped gym to support your rehabilitation program.

Home Services

Physiotherapy Home Services

If your injury prevents you from leaving the house or accessing the clinic, we can come to you for all your physiotherapy needs.



Seeing a dietician after you’ve had an injury is vital to facilitate your recovery. Nutrition and diet play a major role in muscle and bone health and recovering from injury. A dietician will advise you about any food and supplements that are necessary for each stage stage of the recovery process.


Occupational Therapy

An Occupational Therapist will help you get back to what you were doing before the injury happened, whether that’s related to work, sports, getting around the house and community or just completing daily activities. They can create an appropriate return to work program, as well as help with things around the house such as rails in the bathroom or bedroom.

Products and

Products and Supports

We stock a number of orthopaedic braces, joint supports and medical aids to support your recovery. If there is something we don’t have, we are happy to order it for you.

Cleaning and
domestic services

Cleaning and domestic services

Cleaning services require prior approval from the TAC. If your traffic accident has limited your ability to complete your normal cleaning you may be elegible. Once approved by the TAC, we can do all the cleaning tasks required including dusting, mopping, vacuuming etc.


Gardening services

If your traffic accident has limited your ability to complete your gardening we can send our garden service provider over to keep your garden maintained during your rehab.



Hydrotherapy involves using the water to help treat a condition and complete your exercises. Exercising in the water helps encourage relaxation, reduces pain and improves mobility. In the water, the effects of gravity are eliminated, meaning the muscles and joints have much less force through them. This makes it an ideal place to exercise the muscles without overloading the joints.

Gym and


Soaring Health is located inside Thomastown Recreation & Aquatic Centre so we have access to a fully-equipped gym.