Occupational Therapist - Team Leader
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven senior speech therapist to join our team on a full-time basis. In this role, you will supervise and mentor a small team of Occupational Therapist. You will also have the choice of working on and off site to manage your own case load. You will also You will possess strong clinical and leadership skills with the ability to follow through as well as the ability to co-manage clients with different health professionals in a team environment.
A great opportunity for anyone looking into moving into a Senior Occupational Therapist position or someone who already has supervising experience.
About Soaring Health
A diverse client base across the lifespan to expand your professional skills and knowledge.
SupportA supportive, collaborative, inspiring team culture with formal mentoring programs, professional development pathways and team activities.
Dynamic, modern, state-of-the-art clinics and clinic facilities with cutting-edge research partnerships.
BalanceA strong emphasis on employee work-life balance and wellbeing (we practise what we preach).
About Soaring Health
At Soaring Health, we believe in enriching lives – from regaining function after injury, relieving chronic pain, recovering from an accident and overcoming the limitations of disability. With three specialist divisions, our whole-person focused occupational therapists, speech pathologists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, dietitians and psychologists are highly trained to tailor treatment plans that meet our clients’ needs. With multiple awards for our work with people with children’s disabilities and development, we have more recently earned a reputation for our dedicated community and family focus. NDIS-registered, we also have a multidisciplinary child and adolescent health division.
|Full time salary: |
(based on previous supervising experience)
|$85 - $127K||29th of March 2021|
About the opportunity
- Our centres are based in Thomastown and Craigieburn, Vic.
- Full-time role in a supportive, vibrant, multimodal environment
- Flexible working hours (clinic is open 8am-8pm weekdays and 8am-6pm weekends). Total 38 hours per week
- High job security and career progression with ongoing training, mentoring and development in management
- Lead a small team of occupational therapists
- Provide clinical supervision, mentoring and support to graduate occupational therapists
- Manage and develop reports, letters and treatment note templates
- Request clinical resources as required by your team
- Manage and provide high-quality service to a small, diverse caseload of complex clients, parents and carers, demonstrating exemplary clinical skills
- Co-manage clients through clinical collaboration with other practitioners (e.g. physio, speech pathologist, psychologist, dietitian), demonstrating a capacity to work independently and in a team
- Uphold company policies, procedures and values
Skills and competency requirements
- Experience working with NDIS participants, able to work with diverse clients
- Ability to coach and train occupational therapy graduates in assessments, report writing and treatment plans
- Experience in independently providing occupational therapy consultations
- Experience in a range of occupational therapy assessments
- Strong etiquette, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to set and follow treatment schedules and manage deadlines
- Goal-oriented with strong leadership skills
- Special interest in team building
- Proven track record in leadership
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com or upload here: