SENIOR PSYCHOLOGIST POSITION
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven Psychologist to join our team on a full-time basis. In this role, you will have the choice of working on and off site to provide high-quality service to a diverse group of clients. You will also be required to provide mentoring for Provisional Psychologists.
About Soaring Health
Want to love your job?
When you work at Soaring Health, every day is different. A diverse client base across our Sports, Wellness and Community divisions ensures that your professional skills and knowledge will be constantly expanded. What doesn’t change is the supportive and inspiring team culture, where practitioners work together and learn from one another to achieve the best client outcomes. Oh, and while our work environment is dynamic, fast-paced and run to the highest professional standards, we also have a lot of fun while celebrating each other’s successes and sharing in the satisfaction of enriching lives. As you’d expect, we also promote employee work-life balance and wellbeing (we practise what we preach).
This position encompasses Psychology services in our state-of-the-art facilities:
- Position: Full-time
- Pay: $100,000-$130,000
- Location: Thomastown, Craigieburn or remote (flexible arrangement)
- Case load: Select the case load you prefer
- Leadership: Will run weekly group trainings / workshops
- Flexible hours: Select any 38 hours you want to work
- Flexible work style: Select between clinical, community and remote work each week
- Flexible case load: Select which clients and conditions you prefer
- – Pediatrics
- – Depression & PTSD
- – Parent and teacher coaching
- – Children and adolescent
About the opportunity
- Full-time role in a supportive environment
- Flexible working hours (clinic is open 8am-8pm weekdays and 8am-6pm weekends). Total 38 hours per week
- Great opportunity for career development
- Vibrant multimodal team environment
- High job security and career progression
Why join us
- Attractive remuneration: Above award salary package with regular performance appraisal
- Flexible case load: Select your favourite types of clients or a mixed case load (e.g. peads, adults, disability, community, assistive technology, Families)
- Flexible work style: Select from clinical, community, in-home, telehealth or mixed consult types
- Great team culture: Enjoy working within a friendly team with regular social and celebratory events
- Work/life balance: Flexible working hours with a complimentary gym membership
- Company allowances: Mobile phone provided and use of the company car
- Work close to home: Clinics located in central Thomastown and Craigieburn with public transport nearby and parking on site
- Career progression: Potential for leadership position
- Modern therapy resources: Latest resources including advanced technology (including VR headset therapy)
- Provide high-quality service to clients, parents and coordinators
- Possess strong clinical skills with ability to follow through
- Excellent bedside manner
- Ability to work independently as well as harmoniously within a collaborative team environment
- Understand the importance of adhering to company policies, procedures and values
- Ability to work with a diverse group of clients
- Ability to co-manage clients with different internal health professionals (OT, physio, psychologist, speech pathologist, dietitian)
- To undertake comprehensive assessment of clients, including client background, problem behaviours, presenting symptoms, precipitating factors, perpetuating factors and protective factors;
- To liaise with other health professionals [e.g. GP/Psychiatrist/ Speech Pathologists] as appropriate in order to ensure comprehensive assessment and duty of care to Soaring Health clients.
- Develop and formulate clear diagnoses using DSM-5 and other psychometric tools (to be signed and approved by supervisor);
- Undertake cognitive assessments and write reports.
- Doing CBT, ACT and other Evidence-based interventions with clients
- Develop treatment plans to implement appropriate intervention strategies and treat complex needs of clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other behavioural challenges.
- To write formal reports summarising all relevant information when directed to do so;
- To provide a skilled counselling response to Soaring Health clients; the focus is on brief counselling, from single session to approximately 6 sessions, but with the facility to carry some long-term clients.
- To work in accordance with Soaring Health’s Counselling Policies and Procedures to provide appropriate high-quality care to clients;
- To participate in individual supervision and group supervision;
- To provide, where appropriate, information about and/or referral to other services to assist in meeting clients’ needs, including co-located services.
- To keep confidential, accurate and timely case notes in accordance with Soaring Health guidelines, as well as recording data on Soaring Health’s database.
- To maintain client confidentiality and abiding by the ethical guidelines as proposed by the Australian Psychological Society
Skills and competency requirements
Essential skills and competencies
- MUST reside in and hold full working rights in Australia
- Qualification in Psychology and registered with AHPRA
- Experience working autonomously to provide Psychology consultations
- Current driver’s license
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent bedside manner
- The ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively within a team
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to adhere to treatment schedules and meet deadlines
Desirable but not essential
- Special interest in working with paediatric clients, including those with developmental delay and autism, is highly favourable but not essential
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload here: