Senior Speech & Language Pathologist Position
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven senior speech and language pathologist to join our team. In this role, you will supervise and mentor a small team of speech pathologists. You will also have the choice of working on and off site to manage your own caseload. You will possess strong clinical and leadership skills with the ability to follow through as well as the ability to co-manage clients with different health professionals in a dynamic team environment.
A great opportunity for an experienced senior clinician or anyone looking to move into a senior speech and language pathologist position.
About Soaring Health
A diverse client base across the lifespan to expand your professional skills and knowledge.
A supportive, collaborative, inspiring team culture with formal mentoring programs, professional development pathways and team activities.
Dynamic, modern, state-of-the-art clinics and clinic facilities with cutting-edge resources and technology.
A strong emphasis on employee work-life balance and wellbeing (we practise what we preach).
This dynamic will leverage and expand your excellent clinical skills through provision of speech pathology services with diverse clients, and formal career development pathways, in our state-of-the-art clinic facilities. This position develops you to successfully progress into a team leader position.
What it’s like to work at Soaring Health
When you work at Soaring Health, every day is different. What doesn’t change is the supportive, collaborative culture, where your clinical skills are valued and extended. The cutting-edge resources and technology in state-of-the-art clinics that enable you to do your best work. The encouragement and opportunities to expand your professional interests and scope and progress your career as far as you wish to take it. The ability to truly contribute to enriching lives in line with our commitment to treating each client and participant as we would family. And the flexible structure and provisions that emphasise our commitment to employee work-life balance and wellbeing. Every day is enriching.
Full time salary: (based on experience in a similar role)
Immediate start available
About the opportunity
- Position: Full-time or part-time (flexible hours)
- Our centres are based in Templestowe Lower, Thomastown, and Craigieburn Vic.
- Ongoing role in a progressive, supportive environment
- Vibrant multimodal team environment
- Flexible working hours (clinic is open 8am-8pm weekdays and 8am-6pm Saturdays). Total 38 hours per week
- High job security
- Opportunities to get involved in our research and education team
- Career progression with ongoing training, mentoring and development in team management
- Manage and provide high-quality service to a small, diverse mixed caseload of complex clients, parents and carers, demonstrating exemplary clinical skills
- Co-manage clients through clinical collaboration with other practitioners (e.g. physio, OT, psychologist, dietitian), demonstrating a capacity to work independently and in a team
- Provide mentoring and leadership to junior and new graduate speech pathologists
- Participate in professional development pathways to constantly progress your knowledge and clinical skills
- Contribute to team culture and success with your proactive, can-do approach and high-level initiative
- Uphold company policies, procedures and values
Skills and competency requirements
- Experience working with NDIS participants, able to work with diverse clients
- Experience in independently providing speech pathology consultations
- Experience in a range of speech therapy assessments
- Strong etiquette, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to set and follow treatment schedules and manage deadlines
- Leadership skills and ability to mentor and support junior/graduate speech pathologists
- Goal-oriented, ambitious and eager to excel
Desirable but not essential
- Special interest in team building
- Proven track record in leadership