What is Physiotherapy?
Thomastown Physiotherapists are highly qualified health professionals who work in partnership with their patients to help people get better and stay well.
Our Soarting Health Thomastown Physiotherapists also work closely with GPs and other health clinicians to plan and manage treatment. GPs refer more patients to physiotherapists than any other healthcare profession.
Using advanced techniques and evidence-based care, Thomastown Physio’s assess, diagnose, treat and prevent a wide range of health conditions and movement disorders. Thomastown Physiotherapy helps repair damage, reduce stiffness and pain, increase mobility and improve quality of life.
Physiotherapy in Thomastown extends from health promotion to injury prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, maintenance of functional mobility, chronic disease management, patient and carer education and occupational health.
What does a typical Physiotherapy Consultation Involve?
A typical session with your Thomastown physiotherapist is unique to a patient’s needs and their health condition.
However, a ‘typical’ session may involve:
- Assessing and diagnosing the patient’s condition and needs.
- Working with the patient to set and attain goals—whether that’s maintaining mobility and independence in aged care to running a marathon
- Developing a treatment or prevention plan that will take into account lifestyle, activities and general health
- Prescribing exercise and physical aides if required.
What qualifications are required to practice as a physiotherapist?
Physiotherapy courses vary across the country and entry may be through a bachelor, masters or professional doctorate program.
Physiotherapists are required by law to be registered with the hysiotherapists Registration Board in the state or territory in which they are practising.
How much does it cost to see a Soaring Health Thomastown Physiotherapist?
Our Physio services in Thomastown are priced fairly and clearly.
- Your first Physio consultation in Thomastown will cost $80 as this is an extended visit to understand your current health record.
- Standard consultations cost $65. Ongoing care packages are available for clients needing ongoing care.
Patients referred by a GP for treatment of complex or chronic conditions may get up to five free visits to a Soaring health Physiotherapist fully Bulk-Billed and covered by Medicare. 30min hydrotherapy consults are also covered by the EPC program.
Private Health Insurance:
Instant health insurance rebates are available using hi-caps. You will need to bring your valid private health insurance card to your appointment to claim. Otherwise you can take your payed invoice and claim it online.
TAC & Workcover:
At Soaring Health Thomastown Physiotherapy, we accept all approved TAC & Work-cover clients. We bill 3rd party payers directly so you don’t have to.
We also accept NDIS clients and bill NDIS directly.