The Soaring Health Chiropractic team in Thomastown and Craigieburn
can provide services to people on TAC, WorkSafe, DVA, My Aged Care & Medicare CDM (EPC) program
Who can benefit from seeing a chiropractor?
- Athletes and amateur sports people seeking to heal injuries or pain
- Office workers suffering back, neck or leg pain from prolonged sitting and/or poor posture
- People recovering from single or multiple injuries
- Sufferers of headaches and other recurring pain
- Sufferers of chronic pain conditions
Soaring Health chiropractors provide the following services
- Athlete assessment (The Soaring Health Method)
- In-room consultation
Issues a chiropractor can help to treat or manage
- Impaired movement in neck, shoulders, elbows, hip, knees, ankle, back and torso
- Poor posture
- Limited flexibility
- Neck and back pain
- Hip pain
- Elbow pain
- Knee pain
- Ankle pain
- Work-related muscle and joint injuries
- Pregnancy-related backache
- Gait and foot problems
- Pain conditions such as fibromyalgia
- Jaw (TMJ) clicking and pain
- Radiating pain in arms and legs
What is Ciropractic?
The aim of chiropractic is to better align bones to enable muscles and nerves to function better. Our chiropractors in Thomastown and Craigieburn are trained to scientifically examine your body and then apply manual therapies to manage your health issues. Thomastown and Craigieburn Chiropractic Centre’s practitioners also provide advice on nutrition and exercise, wellness and
maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Will you crack my back?
There is a common misperception that chiropractors ‘crack’ or ‘crunch’ bones. Soaring Health chiropractors use a range of methods to adjust your musculoskeletal system and none of them involve actually cracking bones. Sometimes, when a joint is manipulated, nitrogen gas around the joint will be released, causing a popping sound. This does not involve
damage to the bone or joint.
Thomastown and Craigieburn chiros operate by a clear patient charter which states that patients will be informed of the service they will receive and must consent to it before a chiropractor provides the service. If you do not want a particular type of treatment, tell your chiropractor and they will discuss alternative methods of adjustment.
What techniques do you use?
Our sports and wellness chiropractors in Thomastown and Craigieburn use a range of techniques, including education and advice on posture, health and wellbeing, spinal adjustment and other techniques to improve your spinal health. Our sports chiropractors in Thomastown and Craigieburn spend five years at university studying a range of methods to improve the comfort and
function of your spine and, as a result, assist the function of your nervous system.
Does Chiropractic treatment hurt?
Most of our clients report that it doesn’t hurt at all. If you’re in a lot of pain right now, you may experience some discomfort during and after an adjustment. However, it’s usually minimal.
Is Chiropractic evidence based?
Chiropractic subscribes to high standards of healthcare and holds itself accountable for effective, safe treatment methods. Members of the Chiropractors’ Association of Australia support more health research and ongoing scrutiny of all health practitioners – chiropractic and otherwise. Many doctors in Thomastown, Craigieburn, Epping and other health experts have expressed support for chiropractic care, particularly in relation to management of lower back pain.
Moreover, in 2007, researchers from the American College of Physicians and the American Pain Society recommended spinal manipulation as a treatment for both acute and chronic back pain. In addition, a 2004 article in the Archives of Internal Medicine found that chiropractic care may actually lower the overall cost of health care provision.
Abundant evidence and expert opinion also attests to the safety of chiropractic treatment. According to the US Government’s National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, spinal adjustments – or manipulation – are relatively safe when performed by a licensed practitioner.
What qualifications does a chiropractor have?
Soaring Health chiropractors must complete a five-year university course (or have received a recognised equivalent training overseas) in order to practice.
Will I have to be x-rayed?
It’s impossible to answer that question since necessity for X-rays depends on your condition. After an initial examination, your Soaring Health chiropractor will make recommendations for further assessment and/or commencing treatment. X-rays referred by our chiropractors are bulk billed for Medicare card holders.
How much does it cost?
Chiropractic services in Thomastown, Craigieburn are priced clearly and transparently.
- Your first chiropractic consultation will cost $80 as this is an extended visit to understand your current health status and history
- Standard consultations cost $65. Ongoing care packages are available for clients needing ongoing care.
- Patients referred by a GP for treatment of complex or chronic conditions may access up to five free visits to a chiropractor fully bulk-billed and covered by Medicare
Private Health Insurance:
- Instant health insurance rebates are available using hi-caps. You will need to bring your valid private health insurance card to your appointment to claim. Otherwise you can take your paid invoice and claim it online.
TAC & WorkCover:
- At Soaring Health chiropractic, we accept all approved TAC and WorkCover clients. We bill third party payers directly so you don’t have to.
What is so unique about the Soaring Health Athlete Assessment protocol?
Our Soaring Health athlete assessment protocol was designed with the athletes goals in mind. Unlike any other standard health assessment, this protocol replicates the same assessment and process elite athletes experience when competing at the highest level. Click here to find out more about the Soaring Health athlete assessment protocol.